Friday, November 3, 2017


The good news from Anthony Pulice, Jr., Class of 1945:

“I have some serious ‘BooBoos’ and I am very tired . . . but I'm home. Thanks for your prayers.”

Tony had a heart valve replacement at Monongalia General Hospital in Morgantown.

In three weeks he plans to again get into Fairmont General Medical Center’s cardiac recovery program. Tony retired from Fairmont General Hospital in 2013.

That once more will put him under the wing of Rivesville High grad Yvonne Hershman, who got her nursing degree from Fairmont State and is RN in cardiac rehab at the Fairmont hospital.

Yvonne calls Tony “one strong man.” Indeed, Yvonne. We love our tiger.

Tony has survived a heart attack and surgeries to put stents in his arteries.

Our Tony the tiger will be 90 years old on November 10. That makes me a “kid” by comparison since I’ll be only 85 on Sunday, November 5.

And a bit of a wimp compared to what our Tony the tiger has survived. He’s the Lion King when it comes to dealing with health adversity.

Lions and tigers, oh, my!

Tony wrote:

“Mon General really has my love and respect. I could not have been treated better.”

Tony and wife Barbara have been married for 37 years and live in Fairmont.

He grew up in Worthington. His nephew, Jim Pulice, Class of 1969, was principal of Monongah Middle School for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment