Sunday, November 5, 2017


85 and still alive

. . . and lively

My youngest child, Monnie Ann, hosted my 85th birthday party today at her house in Brunswick, Ohio.

Among my presents:

2 WVU gnomes carrying footballs.

3 dozen orange golf balls (playing 163 rounds this year, I lost a few).

Cutting board in shape of outline of the state of West Virginia.

Bluejeans to match a new pair I already have so that I can throw one in the washer and dryer while I'm galivanting about in the other one.

 Flattering birthday cards.

And Paula called from her Florida home via FaceTime (same as Skype) so that she could see the partygoers.

My oldest, LaQuita, and her husband, Tom; my son, John Larry, and his wife, Kathy; LaQuita and Tom’s son, Devin, and his wife, Courtney; Monnie Ann and Bob’s daughter Beth and son Raymond also attended.
 
My sister, Jackie Olesky Straight, Class of 1955, who lives in Rivesville, gave me two more WVU shirts after Saturday's victory over Iowa State in Mountaineer Field. I can never have too many WV items.
 
Instead of "Happy Birthday" they sang "Country Roads" to me. More appropriate.
 
And you will notice that there are THREE WVU flags draped in the stairway. There's also another WVU flag flying above my garage door in Tallmadge, Ohio.
 
I believe in showing the colors, gold and blue.

Nothing like family.

Nothing like being alive and ambulatory at 85 either.

No comments:

Post a Comment