Tuesday, February 23, 2021

WANT TO CONTACT JEANNETTE BACZUK BARR?

 


Jeannette Barr Baczuk, Class of 1940, turned 98 years old on January 6, while evil idiots were storming the Capitol, and still is alive in Ashland, Ohio.

Her birthday “was just a quiet day due to the pandemic,” Jannette tells me.

She added:

I am getting along well, but am pretty bored.  I cannot go to my volunteer jobs at the hospital and nursing home now, so don’t go out much.  Am doing a lot of reading. 

“I have had both (vaccine) shots now, so am thinking I will be able to do a little more.”

When I prodded her for my information Jeannette told me:

I am still living alone in Ashland in a condo.  I have a cleaning lady come in every other week to clean, but other than that I pretty much take care of myself.

“I had volunteer jobs at the hospital, nursing home and Senior Center; but, unfortunately, I cannot go to any of them now.  It is really boring, as I have to be extra careful at my advanced age.  I have had my vaccine, second one last Friday, so I think I will be able to lighten up a little, plus which the weather is supposed to get a little warmer.  We had had bitterly cold weather and a good amount of snow this year, unusual for us.

 “I have four children:  Lynne (Randall) Beecham, of Bellville, Ohio; Jim Baczuk (Rachelle) of Thomas, West Virginia (which is near the entrance to Blackwater Falls State Park); Maribeth Moore (widowed) Ashland, Ohio; and Jan (Rodney) Penrose of Mansfield, Ohio.

“There are five grandchildren:  Brian Moore of Atlanta, Stephen Moore of Columbus, Ohio, Jessica Baczuk of Thomas, and Rachel and Adam Penrose of Mansfield.

“Surprsingly, there are no great-grandchildren, nor do I expect any.  Possibly Rachel and Adam may have some, but they are ages 19 and 16, so I won’t be around to see it.”

 

Jeanette’s father was the legendary Dr. James Monroe Barr, who delivered nearly the entire population of Worthington. They are known as the Barr Babies.

 

Jeannette’s siblings:

 

Suzanne Barr Loss, Class of 1948, who married Arnold “J.B.” Loss, Class of 1947. Both are deceased.

 

Harrelson Barr, Class of 1939, whose daughter, Marcie Barr Marsh, is Class of 1966.

 

After Monongah High, Jeanette graduated from Bowling Green University and married Frank Baczuk.

 

 

Jeannette is on the board of the Ashland Senior Center and a volunteer in the thrift shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment