Monday, July 29, 2019


1989 North Marion grad Jenny Sypult Shaver passed away Wednesday, July 17.

Jenny is survived by husband Ronnie Shaver. Her children are Steve Haught and Corbin Sypult.
Jenny Sypult Shaver

Her parents are Rick and Gloria Sypult. Jenny’s siblings are Hiedi and Ricky.

Ronnie’s parents are Mitzi Shaver and the late Kenneth Ray Shaver, a Monongah High graduate who was a son of Arlie Shaver and Eva Davis Shaver. Ronnie’s siblings are Carolyn Sue Shaver Fletcher of Fairmont  and James Arlie Shaver of Monongah.

 

Jenny had her own hairdresser business for more than 20 years.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2017. Later, it spread to her liver. She was a regular at the WVU Cancer Institute.

To support Jenny and breast cancer fighters and survivors, pink flamingo statues and flamingo shirts flew up all over Monongah.

 

Jenny was honored by the Marion County Rescue Squad as a breast cancer fighter.

Recently, Jenning posted:

“My thanks to Tonia Carr Posten, Candice Fugera Norris and Mariah Carr for helping me! I swear you all have been my rock!

“And to Gloria Sypult, Heidi Sypult, Jessica Graham Sypult, Seneca Toothman, Sarah Werner. You all have never left my side! You all have been here to fight like Goliath!

“And all the texts from my friends! Wow! I have so much support! I am so lucky!

“And finally my husband and my boys, Steve Haught and Corbin Sypult. God gave me you three for a reason. I don't know what I would do without you 3! I want you three right beside me all the time! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!”

This is exactly the kind of appreciative fighting spirit that made Monongah rally around Jenny for years. She fought the good fight. She is a role model for all of us dealing with health problems and adversity in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment