Sunday, February 11, 2018

Lighting up our life costs $$$

To those were disappointed that Monongah’s Christmas street lights didn’t stay up longer:

It would have cost $300 for the electric bill for the few extra days.

Let Monongah Mayor Greg Vandetta explain:

I know several people were disappointed that they were taken down early. We were told last year by the Mon Power that we could avoid a second electric bill if the lights were down by the first of the year. We paid a second payment last year of well over $300.00.”

His Honor added:


“I’m just a little behind in thanking everyone for what they have done and continue to do for our town. The Christmas Light Committee continues to work hard. I received several compliments on the lights. I personally think our lights are the best around.


“I would also like to thank 4-H again for decorating the pine tree. It really adds to the town square.

“Once again a big thank you to Chris Martin (Monongah’s #1 photographer) for decorating our street signs. I heard from several people that complimented how festive our town looked with the pine and bows. I would also want to thank Joe, her husband, for taking them down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment