Sunday, September 18, 2022

REVA McDOUGAL ASH PASSES AWAY

 


Reva McDougal Ash, Class of 1950, passed away. She had been living in Marietta, Ohio for decades.

I encountered Reva during my WVU School of Journalism days. She was a waitress in Morgantown at that time.

Her siblings were Helen McDougal Mudry, Class of 1965, Jim and Earl McDougal, Edna McDougal. Her children are Paul, Beth Ann, John Arlen and Larry. She also had grandchildren.

Earl lives in Pennsboro, West Virginia.

Also in the mix is Mareiia Wilmouth McDougal, Class of 1964. Marieia’s husband Earl Edward McDougal was in the military.

Reva had three sons in the military:  John Arlen, Jeremy John and Guy Paul Ash.

 

Helen’s son, Ronnie Mudry, was in the Navy.

 

Mareia’s father was an officer in the Army Air Corps for 14 years. Marieia’s son Greg served in the Air Force for 23 years. Marieia’s grandson served with the Air Force in Alaska.

There were 45 in the Class of 1945.

 

Reva has joined Barbara Baczuk Franklin, Mary Bienkoski Domico, Bill Birdsell, Kathleen Blagg Goldstein, Walter Brzuzy, Deloris Butcher, Martha Carpenter, Jim Commodore, Anthony DeMary, Theresa Demus, Barbara Glover Rombola, Geraldine Fullen, Richard Garrett, Bob Kasper, Lawrence Sonny Godby, Patricia Kiehl Williams, Agnes Larry DiLaura, Ann Manuel Richardson, Virginia Manuel Eddy, Joe Manzo, Iris Carpenter Martin, Tom Orsini, Bill Pringle, Paul Rankin, Nancy Robinson Saunders, Jim Starcher, Harold Spragg, Lucille Herron Anderson, Lyman Wadsworth, Patty Meredith Wills, Rose Commodore Cain, Hellen Snider Carpenter and Jim Wimer in the next world.

 

That I  know of. 34 passed away.

 

I’ve talked to Tony Eates, Donald “Jake” Halpenny, Frank Franze recently. Mary Ann Puffenbarger Moore lives in Fairmont. Patty Urban Utz lives in Maryland, I believe. I visited Leatrice Yokay Greaser in her Fairmont home last year. Anna Currence Sutton, lives in Conyers, Georgia, and Bernice Grandstaff Maranville in North Carolina and Katherine Toothman Crim in Michigah, Arnold Morgan in Florida last I heard, but I can never be sure, except for John Olesky, when I wake up and see myself in the mirror even though I’ll be 90 years old in November. 

 

Attempts to reach Anna, Bernice, Katherine and Arnold lately have been unsuccessful so you never know what that means.

 

So there are 11 survivors in the Class of 1950. Or less. If you know of any others let me know who and when and where and I’ll update this article.




No comments:

Post a Comment