Saturday, February 12, 2022

NAME YOUR FAVORITE MONONGAH HIGH TEACHER ... AND TELL ME WHY!

 



Who was YOUR favorite Monongah High teacher?

My favorite teacher, as everyone knows, is Mary Turkovich, who taught me math the first year, algebra the second year and geometry the third year and the value of math and discipline in my life every minute I was in her class.

I was Class of 1950. I know, dinosaurs roamed the earth that long ago.

What about your favorite teacher?

Debbie Bearden Hines called Rose Matthews Illich “my favorite teacher.”

Cindy Collins said “She was my favorite teacher at North Marion High.”

I’d like to publish a Monongah High Alumni blog article about My Favorite Teacher. Help me out.

 

Tell me your favorite teacher, what subject she or he taught, and why you made the selection and your graduation year.

It would be GREAT if you could provide me a photo of your favorite teacher. Even better if you have photo of your favorite teacher with YOU.

You can be my reporter.

You can reply to John Olesky Facebook page or email your answer, reasons and photo to jo4wvu@neo.rr.com 

If you don’t reply then I’ll erase your name from the blackboard. LOL

John Olesky, Class of 1950

Who visits Mary Turkovich’s grave EVERY time he comes to Monongah, puts a rose on her grave and says, “Thank you.”

Miss Turkovich math made me financially secure. Her discipline made me into a mature adult. My daughter is a teacher in an Aurora, Ohio school. She’s a legend there.

I call LaQuita “The Mary Turkovich of Aurora Schools.”

It’s the highest compliment I can give a teacher. After all, they are shaping the generation that will be running this country in a few decades.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment