Thursday, March 18, 2021

A LOVE LETTER TO JANET BAILEY

 




Sometimes rainbows fall out of dark clouds and fall into your lap and are more valuable than a truckload of gold bars.

This is such a time. And the angel we are talking about is Janet Bailey, who passed away February 7 after spreading joy and good cheer everywhere she went.

I got this letter you see in the photo montage. It was postmarked from Pittsburgh. But no return address or name. But I am sure it’s legitimate.

This is Janet Bailey’s legacy. May all be worthy of such praise.

Janet had plenty of company in lighting up Monongah. We was in Susan Staron Sanders’ Christmas Lights Committee.

First, here is a message that Janet sent to me while she still was among us:

My name is Janet Bailey, I grew up in Hog Lick Hollow and was reared around Monongah and the surrounding area.

My family was in the Marion County Rescue Squad and the Boothsville fire department and we knew and still know a lot of people of Monongah from all the years with them.

We used to have a church in Norway and a lot of members were from Monongah so we grew up hanging around Monongah visiting and walking around town. I still till this day have friends there. It’s a great little town.

My first job as a hairdresser was working for Sharon Core in old town Monongah at Reflection Perfection.

Monongah also holds a special place in my heart. My family on my dad’s side (John Bailey; Janet’s mother, Judy Morrison, survived her) is buried on Tower Hill so I go to visit up there a lot.

As for myself: I am a single mother of a wonderful son, Cody Bailey, who is 27, married and living in New Jersey. I am a receptionist/administrative assistant by trade. I have lived in Fairmont my whole life. I just love it here.

I went to West Fairmont and am still a Polar Bear. I am a former volunteer EMT of the Marion County Rescue Squad and I am a member of Trinity Assembly of God in White Hall, where I am a member of the choir there.

My hobbies are cooking, baking and photography. I love the country and my hometown. I love sports, football mostly, kids and meeting new people.

I’m always willing to help when I can, wherever I can, I always put others first before myself. I take pride in being from a small town in West Virginia. I wouldn’t change it for the world. This is home to me.

This is what made Janet Bailey so special: “I’m always willing to help when I can, wherever I can, I always put others first before myself.”

Janet raised her son, Cody Bailey, as a single mother. Fairmont West graduate Cody lives in Sparta, New Jersy with wife Katie Bailey.

Janet’s sister, Joyce Bailey, also a Fairmont West graduate, lives in Grafton.

This is Janet’s obituary:

Janet Ruth Bailey, 54, of Fairmont, went to meet the Lord on Sunday, February 7, 2021.  She was born October 10, 1966, in Fairmont, WV, daughter of Judy and the late John Bailey. 

Janet was a proud 1984 graduate of Fairmont Senior High School.  She was employed by Mon Health Medical Equipment.  Janet enjoyed spending time with loved ones and helping others.  She was an active member of Trinity Assembly of God Church.  She was a past member of the Marion County Rescue Squad.  As she would put it “I’m a squad Brat”.  Janet always had a smile on her face and a “Love you Darlin” for everyone she knew.  She loved her family and her friends became her family.  Janet was very outgoing; she never met a stranger and she was full of life.

Janet is survived by her son Cody Bailey and wife Katie of New Jersey; her mother, Judy Morrison; sister, Joyce Bailey of Grafton; a brother, John Bailey and wife Jennifer of Fairmont; a niece, Madison Bailey of Fairmont; an aunt, Nancy Bailey of Fairmont; an Uncle, Tommy DeBarr and wife Molly of Florida; an aunt, Bonnie Robinson and late husband Steve of North Carolina; an uncle, Steve DeBarr and late wife Patsy of Parkersburg; her boyfriend, Chris Hallman of Grafton; and many other family members.

In addition to her Fathers passing in 1991, Janet was proceeded in death by her paternal grandparents, Robert and Ruth Bailey; maternal grandparents, Thomas and Doris DeBarr; five uncles, Teddy Bailey, Bobby Bailey, Bill Bailey and wife Barb, Bob Miller, Phil Edwards and wife Jean; three cousins, Earl, Susie, and Davey Edwards, and her Step Father, Bill Morrison.

Janet was a beloved mother, sister, daughter, and friend to everyone.  She will be greatly missed by all.

The family will receive friends at Domico Funeral Home, 414 Gaston Ave. Fairmont, on Monday, February 15, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. and Tuesday February 16, 2021 from Noon until 2:00 p.m.  The funeral service will be held Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. in the funeral home with Pastor Melinda Suplita officiating.  The interment will follow at Grove Cemetery in Monongah.  Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.domicofh.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment