Saturday, April 25, 2020


Stephanie Kishbaugh Vandetta, married since 2012 to Frankie Vandetta, 4th  in a line of 5 Frank Vandettas, has survived her coronavirus quarantine.

Stephanie, a paramedic with the Marion County Rescue Squad, studied emergency medical services at Fairmont State and once worked at WVU Hospitals. After Mansfield University in Pennsylvania she found her way from Hazelton, Pennsylvania to Frankie #4’s heart.

Frankie #4 is a North Marion graduate and member of the Monongah Volunteer Fire Department.

Stephanie explains it so well, with the sound advice of a first responder, that even though I was a newspaper editor for 43 years including 26 years at the Akron Beacon Journal I am NOT changing a word of it. It’s perfect!

Stephanie can be my reporter if I ever un-retire from newspapers.

Read and learn from Stephanie:

 “Today I am so thankful because I am a COVID-19 survivor! Fighting this virus for 22 days and being isolated from my family was one of the hardest things I have had to go through.

“This virus is relentless! It is not like the flu, it is so much worse.

“My symptoms started on April 3rd and came on all of a sudden with a fever, headache, cough, eye pressure, diarrhea and extreme body aches.

“I was tested on the 5th and received my results on the 6th . After that I became congested, nasal and throat burning, lost my sense of taste and smell, fatigue and periods of shortness of breath.

“My fever continued for 15 days even with Tylenol. This virus makes you think you are getting better one day and then hits you harder the next.

“I am not sure how I got it. I was not around anyone who had tested positive or had symptoms.

“I did the right things, wore my mask, washed my hands, wore gloves when I cleaned, stayed out of grocery stores or any stores for that matter. I was very careful in everything I did.

“This virus does not discriminate. It does not matter if you are young or old, healthy or sick, safe or unsafe!

“Through this experience I am so grateful for my family and friends! Without them I could not have gotten through this! I had a great support system and am so blessed for that!

“Some advice to pass on:

“Have a plan in place with your loved ones if you or anyone in your family gets this virus.  “My husband and I did and I believe this protected him and my kids.

“Trust your doctors! They know what they are talking about! And they are a great support system!

“Reach out and offer your support. Even if it’s a text message asking how they are doing it will brighten their day. This is a lonely virus.

“Listen to what the health officials are saying!! This is nothing like the flu!! I am so thankful I do not have any underlining health problems because this definitely could have been a lot worse!

“Love your family and friends!! Don’t take a minute for granted! Thank God for everyday!

“There are so many people to thank and not enough word to say how much I appreciate and love you all for the calls, texts, advice, Zoom calls, cards, gift cards and FaceTime calls.  
After reading this article, Frank #4 explained why Stephanie is so good with words:
“Stephanie actually started her journalism degree (at WVU) but never finished. Just wanted to share that with ya when you talked about how her article is perfect.”
Now, about the FIVE generations of Frank Vandettas:



The first Frank Vandetta was born in the early 1900s.

The second was Frank Junior Vandetta,  born in 1928.

The third is Frank Vandetta III,  born in 1955 and a Monongah High graduate married to Brenda Sturm Vandetta. 

The fourth is Frank Anthony Vandetta IV, born in 1990, Stephanie’s husband.

The fifth is Frank Charles Vandetta V, born in 2015, Stephanie and Frank #4’s son.  

Jennifer Altmiller is Stephanie’s sister and lives in Drums, Pennsylvania.

Frank #4's cousin is former Monongah mayor Greg Vandetta, Class of 1975, married to Monongahfest president Debbie Manzo Vandetta, Class of 1973.

Greg is the owner of Vandetta Construction. Their son, Greg Vandetta II, and Janelle Vandetta were wed amid a snowstorm.

I went to Monongah High with Carl Vandetta, Class of 1948, who married married Martha Robinson from Worthington, and passed his house many times on my way to my Uncle Frank Loss and Aunt Gezala Futten Loss’ home in Mill Fall.

Gezala left Italy for America, stepping off onto Ellis Island in 1920 with her mother, Maria Fedrigon Futten, and my mother, Lena Futten Olesky, and their brother, long-time late Fairmont barber Si Futten.

Their father waiting for them in America was Severino Futten, who was on the same kindness, quality human being level as the remarkable Ann DeMary Eates and the recently departed Joe Eates, godparents of my son, John Larry. Ann and Joe’s home is at the end of Bridge Street in Monongah, before you start up the hill on Bridge Street Extension.

1 comment:

  1. HIV/AIDS is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to fight HIV/AIDS is by taking natural herbs medicine for permanent treatment.I'm here to appreciate Dr James for using his herbal medicine to cure me of HIV/AIDS . Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus inside of me and it had really really been a serious problem to me, I was so confused because I have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my efforts  was in vain, one morning was Surfing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr James curing people from HIV/AIDS and Immediately I contacted Dr James on his email:  drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. I told him about my troubles and he told me that I must be cured. He gave me instructions and which I rightly followed, so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me through UPS SPEED POST, which I used (MORNING AND EVENING) for three weeks and I was cured. everything was like a dream to me and my HIV was permanently gone. Dr James thank you, I don't know if there is anyone out there suffering from HIV/AIDS or any KIND OF diseases LIKE... DIABETES, CANCER,RECTUM EFFECTS, BOWEL OBSTRUCTION, HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HEPATITIS A&B, CARDIAC DISEASES, CHRONIC DISEASES,  YELLOW FEVER, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASES, ACME, BACK PAIN,   DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, APOLLO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL  DISCHARGING, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS itchy'Should contact.Doctor James and be free from your diseases because I am a living testimony, Dr James, is very good and honest herbalist doctor. Contact him now via his email:   (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com)   (whatsapp or call him on  +2348152855846)

    ReplyDelete