Thursday, November 7, 2019


Terry Queen is resigning as Monongah’s police chief, effective November 30, to become a patrolman in the Anmoore Police Department in the Clarksburg area, where Terry lives.
 
In response to my request for details, Terry replied:
“I am going to Anmoore PD. I will be a patrolman there. It's less stress, more money on the hour, same benefits and it's only 2 1/2 miles from my house.”
The Anmoore Police Department is practically next door to the Clarksburg Hilton Garden Inn on Emily Drive in Clarksburg.

Terry came from Clarksburg to replace Rick Barnhart, who left to become Harrison County Courthouse security chief.


Terry is an experience trainer of police in the use of rifle and handguns and frequents the Salem Rifle and Pistol Club. He also is a member of the Brothers in Blue Motorcyle Club for police officers.

Terry posted:

Yes, the rumors you may have heard are true. I am leaving Monongah as of the last day of November. I have obtained a job closer home. Though I will be leaving, doing so is bittersweet. In the past 3 years I have been fortunate in meeting a lot of folks who have become my friends, people who I will never forget. Many of you have accepted me and have shown me kindness, the likes I have never known.”

Terry added that students at Monongah’s schools treated him as if he were their grandfather, even calling him “PapPap.”

Another former Monongah police chief, who also served in the same capacity at Rivesville, Chris Veltri, a Sts. Peter and Paul School graduate, passed away in 2017 at the age of 56. He was retired from the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Police Department and moved back to Monongah before his passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment