Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Prudy Tetrick Funk leaves hospital

Great news from Prudence Tetrick Funk, Class of 1960.

Prudy Tetrick Funk
I’ll let Prudy tell you:

Hi John

“Just want you to know I'm out of the hospital. Everything is OK with my heart. My blood pressure went down from 207/80 to 129/55.

“I am still in a lot of pain. I twisted my back when I fell. It will take some time for it to heal.”

It was caused by her fall that put her in South Seminole Hospital in Longwood, Florida, where she lives. Prudy and her husband for 53 years, Jim Funk, moved from Denver, Pennsylvania to Longwood, 15 miles north of Orlando, where their daughter, Stacey Funk Jackson, lives. Stacey is an IT person.
Responding to my request for family details, Prudy replied:

“My mother Ruth Paxton graduated from Monongah High in 1939. My sister Penny graduated in 1961. My sisters Peggy and Pamela graduated from high school in Baltimore.”

That would be Ruth Paxton Tetrick, who lived in Worthington when Prudy was attending Monongah High. In fact, Prudy owns the house in Worthington that once belonged to her grandmother even though she lives in Florida.

Prudy is good at dodging bullets. Last October Jim and Prudy escaped Hurricane Matthew with the only damage a shutter blowing off a living room window and a few branches falling on their home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment