Thursday, December 30, 2021

MAYOR JOHNBOY PALMER'S GRANDMOTHER PASSES AWAY


 



JohnBoy Palmer’s grandmother Virginia Forte Jacobin passed away Thursday, December 30. Her daughter, former Monongah mayor Teresa Jacobin Palmer, is JohnBoy’s mother. 

 

The Monongah mayor posted:

 

“It hurts my heart to let everyone know who has been praying for my Mammy that she passed away today at 1:44 pm. She seriously was not only my grandma but truly was my best friend. No matter what, I could call and ask her to come to Walmart or go on a trip with me and she was right there ready to go.

 

“Between late nights at her house watching TV or our early morning glider-swinging on her porch, just drinking our coffee and talking about just about everything, she was always there ready to do whatever it was.

 

“Anyone who knew her knows she was a great lady. I just so happened to be the lucky one who got her as a granny. I will always love her and miss her. I thank you all for praying for her.

 

“She’s now with Pap in Heaven. I do believe that. I’ll miss her so much and as she always called me her little angel I know for sure she’s my angel now.”

 

Because WVU football coach Art Lewis was nicknamed Pappy during my WVU School of Journalism days I began to call my parents Pappy and Mammy after that. JohnBoy uses same terminology for his beloved grandmother Virginia, whose has half the name of my alma mater where Pappy Lewis coached so well and with such drama and joy.

JohnBoy’s mother Theresa and grandfather also were Monongah’s mayors. JohnBoy just continues the family tradition.


No comments:

Post a Comment